Stupid question: Making scripts python-scripts

Jan Danielsson jan.danielsson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:34:30 EDT 2005

Hello all,

   How do I make a python script actually a _python_ in unix:ish
environments?

I know about adding:
#!/bin/sh

   ..as the first row in a shell script, but when I installed python on
a NetBSD system, I didn't get a "python" executable; only a "python2.4"
executable.

   Adding "#!/usr/pkg/bin/python2.4" as the first row in the script
would probably work, but that would be too specific for the system I'm
using, imho.

   I saw someone using "#!/usr/bin/env python", but that failed on the
system I'm using, so I assume that's something specific too (or is the
installation broken?).