Friend wants to learn python

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 23 15:45:59 EDT 2005

EnderLocke wrote:
> I have a friend who wants to learn python programming. I learned off
> the internet and have never used a book to learn it. What books do you
> recommend?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I recommend "Learning Python 2nd Edition" by Mark Lutz & David Ascher
(O'Reilly) its reasonable easy to read no "heavy language, but clear
concept and examples.
It does not require any previous programming experience, although being
comfortable with computer terms and knowing some basic concepts of
programming does make you read faster through the book.
My overall conclusion was that the authors know what they are talking
about and are honest in what they want to achieve.

When done with that the reader has enough experience to at least know
where to go further to learn more about python.

--
mph