wxPython & Fedora Core 4

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Fri Jul 22 03:58:25 EDT 2005

linuxfreak enlightened us with:
> Has anyone installed wxPython on Fedora Core 4. Apparently it need
> the libstdc++.so.5 file while Fedora installs the newer
> libstdc++.so.6 [...] Fedora does not allow multiple versions of the
> same file.

Try Ubuntu Linux, which does allow having libstdc++.so.5 and .6
installed, on the same system, using the package manager.

Fedora _does_ allow multiple versions of that library, but apparently
not via it's package manager. Nobody is stopping you from getting the
file and putting it on your system.

You could also recompile the wxPython RPMs, so they link to your
version of the library.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa