Detecting computers on network

Marek Kubica pythonmailing at web.de
Sun Jul 24 15:27:43 EDT 2005

Hello!

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:32:04 -0600 Sandeep Arya wrote:

> Sybren.. Does nmap is available on every systems? I tried on my linux fc4
> machine in user previleage. it was not working. Does this just belongs to
> superuser...
I'm not Sybren, but I think I'm able to respond.
nmap is only available if it is installed on the system, on Debian you
would need to install the package nmap first. It is not really a good idea
hoping nmap to be installed.

You can use nmap as a normal user, but some advanced scanning options are
reserved for superuser.

greets,
Marek