Newbie Alert! Upgrading Python?

El evenes at verizon.net
Sun Jul 10 06:56:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

Sorry to bother you folks with a real newbie question, but I am sure that
this is the place for me to ask.

Python 1.5.1 (final) and Python Win32 Extensions are installed on my 4 year
old computer.  My computer has always been upgraded to include the latest
programs and Windows updates.

However, I have NEVER upgraded Python?  Therefore, my questions:

1.  Should I upgrade to the new Python 2.4.1 (Final)?

2.  If so, should I uninstall the old version first and reboot, or can I
just install the new version over the old version?

3.  Are the Win32 extensions included in the final version, or are the
extensions a separate download?

I do not use Python, but I am assuming that something on my computer must.
LOL.

Thank you for any enlightenment you can render.

Elliot