Couple quick questions from a Python Noob

digitalsubjunctive at gmail.com digitalsubjunctive at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 04:22:48 EDT 2005

Hey, I just started on Python and have a few questions I couldn't find
answers to on the Python site or it's tutorial.

1. I notice a few "compiled python" files (indicated by reddish snake
icons), I thought Python didn't need to be compiled? This is my first
venture into programming, but if it doesn't need to be compiled why
compile it?

2. What is a .pwy file?

3. I want to save my first few programs as .exe files so I can show
them off to all my leet friends. Okay, so the only program I've made
takes your birthday and tells you what you're astrological sign is, but
I'm in rural Nebraska and we don't have all that much to do :)

Thanks for any help you guys!