Folding in vim

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sun Jul 3 23:42:17 EDT 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 10:35 pm, Terry Hancock wrote:
> I tried to load a couple of different scripts to
> automatically fold Python code in vim, but none of them
> seems to do a good job.
>
> I've tried:
> python_fold.vim by Jorrit Wiersma
>     http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=515

Actually, I think this one is doing what I want now. It seems
to be that it isn't robust against files with lots of mixed tabs
and spaces.  I also got "space_hi.vim" which highlights tabs
and trailing spaces, which made it a lot easier to fix the
problem.

After fixing my source files, python_fold seems to be able
to handle them just fine.

I must also recommend C. Herzog's python_box.vim
which is fantastic -- especially the automatic Table of
Contents generation for Python source, and pydoc.vim
which puts access to pydoc into the editor.

Nice.  Now that I have a "very sharp saw", I'm going to
have to go cut some stuff for a bit. ;-)