Why Tcl/Tk?

mustafa lordverminard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:44:50 EDT 2005

William Park wrote:
> Jerry He <rebound1618 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm a little curious, why does most scripting
>>languges(i.e. python and ruby) use Tcl/Tk rather than
>>wx or Fox as its standard GUI? Although I did notice
>>that the Vpython IDE that uses Tkinker starts up a lot
>>faster than the DrPython IDE that uses wxpython. But
>>that makes no sense, Tk is based on Tcl, a scripting
>>language, but wx is written in C++.
>

> Old habits die hard.  Soon, these folks will die off, and we'll be left
> with GTK+ or wxWidgets.

i would not count on it.
i have benn trying to learn GUI programming for the last week or so.
i have found pyGTK way less user freindly and lacking in good tutorials
then Tkinter. i have already done ion Tkinter in 0.5 day what i could
not in pyGTK in 2 or 3.
now i admit i did not understand pygtk docs but thats a serious problem.