Difference between " and '

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jul 21 23:06:10 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-22, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au> wrote:

>>>  >>> ord("'") - ord('"')
>>> 5
>>
>> Very zen.
>
> But unfortunately incorrect, since the original poster
> didn't ask for the difference between the ordinal
> values of the single quote and double quote characters,
[...]

  It's a, I say it's a _joke_ son. Don't cha get it? You're
  built too short, the good ones go over yer head. Ya got a
  hole in yer glove, boy, I keep pitching them and you keep
  missing them. Ya gotta keep yer eye on the ball, son. Eye.
  Ball. Eyeball. I almost had a funny there. Joke, that is.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Gibble, Gobble, we
                                  at               ACCEPT YOU...