Difference between " and '

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 22 13:48:07 EDT 2005

Andrew Dalke said unto the world upon 2005-07-22 13:30:
> François Pinard wrote:
>
>>There is no strong reason to use one and avoid the other.  Yet, while
>>representing strings, Python itself has a _preference_ for single
>>quotes.
>

> I use "double quoted strings" in almost all cases because I
> think it's easier to see than 'single quoted quotes'.
>
> 				Andrew
> 				dalke at dalkescientific.com

I prefer the look of '''single triple''' to """double triple""" but a
while back I noticed pydoc doesn't work as well with single triple
quotes. When I posted here, Kent Johnson was kind enough to tease out
of me what I was on about and file a bug:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1185124&group_id=5470&atid=105470>

Best to all,

Brian vdB