Seeking Python expertise...

Amanda Arnett aarnett at foundationsys.com
Fri Jul 29 14:37:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

I found out about your Python community and thought you may be able to help me out.

I am supporting an elite group of traders (more like the Who's Who on Wall Street).  We are building algorithmic trading models to analyze market movements, economic indicators, and various factors to predict and automate trade executions.  We have quite a bit of success thus far and are expanding into other electronic markets.  Our core technology team wants to add 5-6 talented software engineers in the next few months that know Python well – as we believe it’s a fast and elegant language.  They also said that people with a strong background in math, statistics, modeling, chess, or video game development will find what we are doing to be very fascinating.  Everything is real-time, and you get to apply what you know and see the results of your software models making money in the market immediately.

Are you the person we seek?  Do you know anyone we can talk to about this?  I am more than happy to forward a job description.

We pay very well for top talents - attractive salary and triple digit percentage in bonuses for top contributors.  And, we will relocate people to Beverly Hill, CA (USA) from anywhere in the world.

Also, the technology team also has a number of positions open for people with strong experience in concurrency, multi-threading, I/O, NIO, networking, operating systems internals, and performance optimization to work on our core trading platform (where we execute trades directly with the Exchange).  People with experience building servers that can handle thousands of simultaneous connections / concurrent users will be very helpful.  Performance of our platform is very important for us as we profit from even very small fluctuations in price.  I don't know if people in this Python community also know these technologies but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you have a resume, I'd love to see it.  If you can pass this to the right people, I'd really appreciate it.  If you have any questions, you can call me at 415-503-3998 or email me at aarnett at foundationsys.com .

Thanks so much for your help.

Amanda Arnett