What is your favorite Python web framework?

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:18:20 EDT 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Gerhard Haering wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 09:06:21AM -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
> >>I'm not familiar with this expression.  What do you mean by "black horse"?
> >
> > Maybe "the Ferrari of pythonic frameworks" (black horse on yellow
> > background being the symbol of Ferrari).
>
> I know there are "black sheep" in some families, and "dark horse
> candidates".  Also yellow-bellied sapsuckers.  There's a "black horse"
> fish in the Mississippi valley (also, quite coincidentally, of the
> sucker family).  Not entirely sure that was the intended connotation. :-)
>
> -Peter

I'm used to make those mistakes too...
This mailing list taught me more English than Python for sure.
I read the expression "Dark horse contender" many times, and i guess it
has some reminiscence from medieval times and the cavalry stories.
It meaning is something like the "unknown that could be the new champ",
someone intriguing and mysterious who doesn't unveil its skills untill
showtime. Am I right?

Cheers,
Luis