tuple to string?

Sat Jul 23 22:42:53 EDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:31:04 +1000, John Machin wrote:

>>>You don't need the sissy parentheses; '%c' * len(t) % t works just fine :-)
>>

>> Ah, ok. Didn't want to lookup the precedence rules...
>

> Look up the precedence rules? Are you aware of any language where * /
> and % _don't_ have the same precedence??

Do languages like Pascal that don't have string formatting expressions, or
use the % operator, count?

How about languages like Forth that don't have precedence rules at all,
unless "first come, first served" is a precedence rule?

I'm not being academic here. I have used both these languages extensively,
admittedly many years ago.

--
Steven.