Lisp development with macros faster than Python development?..

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Wed Jul 6 10:28:53 EDT 2005

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
>
>>The problem is that questions like 'What lang is fastest to develop
>>in?'
>>are hard to answer definitively.
>

> FWIW, Google's answer to that question is C++, Java, and Python.  For
> any given problem, any of the three are acceptable.  Each programmer or
> engineering team gets to decide based on his or her language
> expertise.*

Actually, Google's answer to that question is something called "ILOG
CPLEX", followed by Visual Basic, English as a second language, PHP, and
"Holt Software Associates". ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=What+language+is+fastest+to+develop+in%3F&btnG=Google+Search

Given this finding, I'm not sure I should put much weight into Google
search results anymore ...