Web Framework Reviews

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at ecritters.biz
Tue Jul 19 20:39:20 EDT 2005

istvan.albert at gmail.com wrote:
>>Templating engines like ZPT prefer to put some code in the template,
>>Nevow prefers to put code in python and allow you to write some xhtml in
>>python too.
>
> Oh yeah, now I remeber, I think this is a controversial idea.

One important thing to realise about Nevow is that it doesn't forbid you
from putting logic in the template, it simply doesn't encourage it.
There's nothing stopping you from writing render_while and render_if
methods for Nevow -- in fact, it would be quite easy. But once you
really understand Nevow and how it works, you realize that you don't
need to put logic in the template, because there's a better way.