f*cking re module

Stephen Harris cyberguard-1048 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 06:03:09 EDT 2005

"jwaixs" <jwaixs at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120464287.886617.301530 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> arg... I've lost 1.5 hours of my precious time to try letting re work
> correcty. There's really not a single good re tutorial or documentation
> I could found! There are only reference, and if you don't know how a
> module work you won't learn it from a reference!

PowerGrep is a commercial Windows tool. However, it comes
with a manual that has a 45 page tutorial on regular expressions.
www.powergrep.com/manual/PowerGREP.pdf  tutorial: pages 109-156
There is also a new Wrox book besides the O'Reilly/Friedl Owl book.

http://www.uhacc.org/tech_docs/guides/regex1.php
also regex2.php, and regex3.php

Only the delimiters have been changed to protect the innocent,
Stephen