Selection, picking with PyOpenGL?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Jul 30 00:35:35 EDT 2005

I was interesting in adding selection and hit testing to ZOE, and was
looking at the PyOpenGL wrappers' handling of selection and picking.  I
see glSelectBuffer to specify the size of the buffer, and glRenderMode
properly returns the number of hits when put back into GL_RENDER mode,
but I don't see any way within PyOpenGL itself to access the select
buffer to actually process the hits.  Is there any way to do this
without using OpenGLContext?  (If not, does this make sense, given that
OpenGLContext is supposed to be an additional helper library for a
gentle introduction to OpenGL?)

   I will always remember / This moment
   -- Sade