Accepted Summer of Code proposals

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 15:21:06 EDT 2005

On 7/2/05, Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> wrote:
> A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> > For anyone who's interested: the Python wiki now contains a list of the
> > PSF-mentored proposals that were accepted for Google's Summer of Code:
> >       http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode
>
> Is it right that two Wax proposals were accepted?

Or that Wax is being promoted over Dabo, which wraps wxPython just as
elegantly in its UI tier, and which is further along (more controls
supported) than Wax, is more powerful (data binding is built in), and
is still being actively developed? I looked at Wax, but it seems to be
at best a side project to Hans, with no goal in sight. Dabo blew me
away with just how easy it is to create UI apps without all that C++
cruft that wxPython inherits from wxWidgets.

# p.d.