Favorite non-python language trick?

Pekka Karjalainen pkarjala at paju.oulu.fi
Fri Jul 1 13:32:29 EDT 2005

In article <mailman.837.1119596150.10512.python-list at python.org>, Joseph Garvin wrote:
>I'm curious -- what is everyone's favorite trick from a non-python
>language? And -- why isn't it in Python?

  Being able to use my native language without a hitch when naming my
variables &c. Java allows that because it supports almost any Unicode
character in its identifiers. With Python I occasionally have to stop and
think: "I can't name it that. What's better?"

  Not everyone always writes their programs in English. Once you get used
to Java's naming possibilities, it's plain annoying to go back, even if
it's just a couple of letters that're lacking in my case.

--
Pekka Karjalainen - Oulu, Finland