What are the other options against Zope?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 2 07:38:41 EDT 2005

godwin wrote:
>       I wanna thank Martin for helping out with my ignorance concerning
> execution of stored procedure with python. Now i have decided to write
> a web app that googles into my companies proprietary database.

Just checking... do you really mean "googles", or is that in your mind a
synonym for "search"?

> I need
> to know whether zope is good for that job.

For which part of it?  The web part, or the searching part?  It's not
likely sufficient for the searching part, since it doesn't include
database interfaces other than to its own ZODB.  What proprietary
database is involved?

-Peter