Filtering out non-readable characters

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Jul 17 06:49:50 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:42:58 -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
>>Come on, Steven.  Don't tell us you didn't have access to a Python
>>interpreter to check before you posted:
>
> Er, as I wrote in my post:
>
> "Steven
> who is still using Python 2.3, and probably will be for quite some time"

Sorry, missed that!  I don't generally notice signatures much, partly
because Thunderbird is smart enough to "grey them out" (the main text is
displayed as black, quoted material in blue, and signatures in a light
gray.)

I don't have a firm answer (though I suspect the language reference
does) about when "dedicated" parentheses are required around a generator
expression.  I just know that, so far, they just work when I want them
to.  Like most of Python. :-)

-Peter