ZipFile and file rigths

perchef francois.perche at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 06:10:48 EDT 2005

hi,

i have written this small code which allow me to unzip files using
python :

import zipfile
import os
import os.path

pathDir="/home/toto/Desktop"
pathZip= os.path.join(pathDir,"foobar.zip")

if zipfile.is_zipfile(pathZip):
    zf = zipfile.ZipFile(pathZip)

    for file in zf.namelist():
	newPath = os.path.join(pathDir,file)
	print newPath
	if not file.endswith('/') and not os.path.exists(newPath) :
	    newFile = open(newPath, 'wb')
	    newFile.write(zf.read(file))
	    newFile.flush()
	    newFile.close()
	else :
	    os.makedirs(newPath)

    zf.close()
else:
    print pathZip + " is not a zip file"

it works well but i have a small problem : i can't see how i can deal
with file rights.
When I unzip files with this script all the unzipped files haven't the
good rights.
for example :
   with this script :
       -rw-r--r-- foo.exe
   with a traditional zip program (ie : stuffit ):
       -rwxr-xr-x foo.exe
ZipInfo objects doesn't store informations about rights ?
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/zipinfo-objects.html#zipinfo-objects)

How can i fix this ?