using hotshot for timing and coverage analysis

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Fri Jul 15 07:44:00 EDT 2005

Andreas Lobinger wrote:

> hotshot.Profile has flags for recording timing per line and line events.
> Even if i had both set to 1 i still get only the standard data (time per
> call).

Could it be that pstats.Stats doesn't know about hotshot? Haven't checked...

What's much more annoying about hotshot is that loading the stats takes
ages if one profiles stuff that runs about half a minute or so. At least
it does that on Python 2.4.1a0 as shipped with Debian testing a while ago.

> Is there any document available that has examples how to use the hotshot
> for converage analysis and to display timing per line?

Haven't looked thoroughly yet; all I know is what's in the Python docs.

--
Thomas