Good starterbook for learning Python?

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:24:43 EDT 2005

hi,
although Dive into Python is a *very, very* good Python book (I own the
"real" book) I would not recommend it as your first book to learn Python.
Take a look at Practical Python by Hetland first for instance, it will teach
you all the basic stuff. Then move over to Dive into Python and also
consider the Python Cookbook next to Dive into Python.
(on the other hand, since you can download Dive into Python you can try if
it works for you)
Bye,
Dimitri

Please visit dimitri's website: www.serpia.com <http://www.serpia.com>