Help with inverted dictionary

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue Jul 12 21:38:44 EDT 2005

rorley at gmail.com wrote:
> I will transfer eventually use a database but is there any way for now
> you could help me make the text files?  Thank you so much.  Reece

No. There is utterly no reason why you should create 5000 or 30000 text
files. While you are waiting to get a clue about databases, do it in
Python, in memory. It should only take a very tiny time to suck your
5000-fact file into memory, index the data appropriately, and do some
queries e.g. list all facts about "lion".