Is there an easy way to get at the value of DBL_MAX from Python?

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 7 21:31:32 EDT 2005

"Steve Juranich" <sjuranic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in a situation where it would be nice to have access to this
> value. I've been looking for it all afternoon and can't find anything.

Where exactly have you been looking ? I guess not in Google, because
the fifth result after querying "dbl_max" is
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2002-July/005916.html,
which follows up to
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2002-July/005916.html.
There is a Numeric subpackage named 'kinds' that provides it along with
other constants, but it seems it has been excluded from the latest (and
final I believe) version of Numeric (24.0b2) that I have installed, so
I can't actually check it.

George