Detecting computers on network

Sandeep Arya d0153030 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:32:04 EDT 2005

Thanks linuxfreak and sybren  for positive comments

My application will be running on Linux.
How to send ICMP ECHO as broadcast packets. I do not know this. Please tell
me how to?

Sybren.. Does nmap is available on every systems? I tried on my linux fc4
machine in user previleage. it was not working. Does this just belongs to
superuser...

Is there any other way ? Can just socket.connect or sendto help me? I.E.
their return valuess...

Sandeep