Why anonymity? [was Re: map/filter/reduce/lambda opinions and background unscientific mini-survey]

Daniel Schüle uval at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jul 7 15:12:40 EDT 2005

> Am I just weird?

I feel the same way about where to use lambda's and where *not*
I come from C and C++ background and defining a function at the top
level (no nested functions) would always require good reasons

function name has to be remembered, to put it in other words it has to
be added in a mental list of available function
and writing a 2 liner function would only cause call overhead
(if not inlined) this may be the reason why "def" feels to me to have
more weight as "lambda"
usually you define lambda and forget it, no wasted time to find proper
name, which may also pollute the namespace
I find it more clear solution, it's concise