xml-object mapping

Tamas Hegedus hegedus at med.unc.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:21:29 EDT 2005

Hi!

I am looking for an xml-object mapping tool ('XML Data Binding-design
time product') where I can define the mapping rules in 'binding files'
and the parser is generated automatically.

Similar to the solution of Dave Kuhlman
(http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html) where the mapping is
defined in an xml file (if I am understand well).

But I already have the target object. The xml-tags should not be used as
a property/member name, but should be mapped to an existing object.

(There are existing tools, but written in Java (I would prefer Python; I
am biologist not using Java for 5 years), like JiBX
(http://jibx.sourceforge.net), Castor (http://www.castor.org; "XML-based
mapping file to specify bindings for existing object models"))

Thanks for your help in advance,
Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  | mailto:hegedus at med.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 | http://biohegedus.org