Help with wx.PaintDC

flamesrock flamesrock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:32:17 EDT 2005

wxGlade has made this tooooooo easy for me so far. But right now I'm
very confused about something:
        self.bmp = wx.Bitmap('sample.bmp')
        dc = wx.PaintDC(self.notebook_region_overview)
        dc.DrawBitmap(self.bmp,0,0,False)

self.notebook_region_overview is basically a wx.Panel, located on the
right side of a splitterWindow.

Anyways, this code *should* draw sample.bmp inside the right wx.Panel
(self.notebook_region_overview), but doesn't.

I would be grateful if anyone could correct me. There isn't much
information about drawing images to wx.Panels online.

-thanks