Parsing Data, Storing into an array, Infinite Backslashes

supercomputer at gmail.com supercomputer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:22:27 EDT 2005

I ended up using this code to solve my problem.

> for a, b, c, d in s:
>   if not query.has_key((a,b)): query[(a,b)] = []
>    query[(a,b)].append("%s=%s" % (c, d))

> for (a,b), v in query.items():
>    print a, b, ", ".join(v)

I'm relatively new to python/programming in general.  I usually write
in php and have produced this website and application
http://my-pbs.sf.net  One of the things that makes php easy to program
in is the documentation provided at php.net.  It is extremely easy to
find the correct functions to use.  Are there any sites you could
recommend that discusses structures of loops and strings?  I have an
OReilly book called, "Programming Python" and it focuses to much on
showing examples rather than structure and methods.

Thanks for the help.