Opinions on KYLIX 3 (Delphi 4 Linux)

windozbloz nethawg1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 18 13:01:18 EDT 2005

Jeff Epler wrote:

> I honestly don't know why anyone would spend money for a development
> environment, no matter how fancy.  I don't knowdefinitelye would develop
> software in a language that doesn't have at least one open
> implementation.
>
> It's a great way to get screwed when Borland goes under or decides
> they only want to sell a new, incompatible product.  What do you do with
> your existing product when that happens?  Re-train on a new platform,
> and re-write from scratch?
>
> Just say no to proprietary software.
>
> Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
Point taken!  I had given that considerable thought.  Your words 'retrain on
a new platform' struck a loud cord with me, thank you, I will definitely
reconsider.  I don't ever want to find myself locked behind 'the GATES of
hell' again!

Doug
--
LINUX protects me from the GATES of hell !!!