namespaces

Paolino paolo_veronelli at tiscali.it
Sun Jul 31 15:25:02 EDT 2005

>>Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Why not? Is it too slow? Too many lines of code? Uses too much memory?
> What exactly is the problem? I would like to see your profile tests that
> show why this is not acceptable.

> Are you sure that this solution is less efficient than creating a class? A
> class has all that extra machinery and methods and attributes that needs
> to be created, only to be thrown away. How do you know that my solution is
> less efficient than your solution?

The example was an example , and my concern  is not about that example
to be fast or small (readable probably), but for python programming
tools as being complete, or academic interest or just to talk with
people on a hot sunday (in this zone of the north emisphere) on
interesting (for me at least) things.

The calculations for all,badcars and table are not complex in this case,
so we can redo them often because we are wasters, but in other cases
they can be different.

Me:
>>Even worse I get with methods and function namespaces.
>
> What is "even worse" about them?

For my thinking, worse is to understand how they derive their pattern
from generic namespaces.
Methods seems not to have a writeble one,while functions as George and
Rob remembered have one which is not read only.Why?

(Also my aim is to learn from postings not to show others'
implementations are better or worse in the sense I prefer, times are
gone for me for that. )

Paolino