Advanced concurrancy

Paolino paolo.veronelli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:42:19 EDT 2005

Peter Tillotson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an advanced concurrency module for python and don't seem
> to be able to find anything suitable. Does anyone know where I might
> find one? I know that there is CSP like functionality built into
> Stackless but i'd like students to be able to use a standard python build.
>
> I'm trying to develop distributed / Grid computing modules based on
> python. The aim is to be able to use barriers for synchronisation and
> channels for communication between processes running on a single box.
> Then the jump to multiple processes on multiple boxes and eventually to
> MPI implementations. Hopefully, each jump should not be that big a leap.
>
> Of course it would be nice if there was a robust way of managing
> concurrency in python aswell ;-)

And deferredGenerator in twisted.internet.defer is the robust way for that.
It blows up python readability in contrast,but once you got them and
made your library I think they are also usable.
I do believe, without deferreds in the core ,python will have bad times
surviving the net, but that's really an opinion.

Have fun, Paolino