consistency: extending arrays vs. multiplication ?

Sat Jul 23 23:36:53 EDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:30:02 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just having started with python, I feel that simple array operations '*'
> and '+' don't do multiplication/addition but instead extend/join an
> array:

* and + are not array operations, they are list operations.

Lists in Python can contain anything, not just numeric values.

Python doesn't have built-in mathematical arrays, otherwise known as
matrices. There are modules that do that, but I haven't used them. Google
on Numeric Python.

--
Steven.