Lisp development with macros faster than Python development?..

Rahul codedivine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:42:24 EDT 2005

Hi.
Instead of listing the difference ..here are some things that are
COMMON to both common lisp and python :

1.Dynamic typing.
2.garbage collection
3.powerful data structures
4.good object systems. (here people from lisp usually claim that clos
is the most powerful object system...but i think python and lisp are
comparable with none of them being better than the other. they are
different than each other. and i consider clos without mop to be
inferior. mop stands for meta object protocol...a thing which hasnt
been specified in the ansi lisp standard but is provided by most
implementations)
5.functions and types as first class objects
6.interactive development.

The differences:

1.Macros : Macros are extremely powerful and a double edges sword. Dont
believe anyone (whether they praise them or abhor them). Go and learn
them and decide for yourself.

2.Readability : Python is generally believed to be far more readable
than ANY other language. (Lisp isnt particularly unreadable).

The only way to really find out which is better is to learn both and
decide yourself.

i personally like python , lisp and c. now c evokes derision from both
python and lisp folks sometimes and thats incorrect too.
rahul