socket programming

Helge Aksdal helge at aksdal.net
Tue Jul 19 16:46:01 EDT 2005

* Jaime Wyant <programmer.py at gmail.com> [2005/07/19 21:26]:

> It sounds really strange to connect to a server "several hundred"
> times.  If I had to guess, the server monitored all of the connects
> coming from your IP address and eventually stopped accepting ANY
> connections.

That's really what it eventually does, just that it refuses my
connection, and a connection to another server is established.

The alternative is to do it by http connection, but i'm afraid
that's going to be too slow. or am i wrong here?

To help you understand me better, this is a server at work that
gives me some account information, so when i want to check "several
hundred" accounts i need to look them up one by one since the server
closes the connection after each query.

--
Helge Aksdal