wxPython: Terminal Output -> Scrollable Panel?

flamesrock flamesrock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:23:45 EDT 2005

First, I'm very new to gui programming, so please go lightly on me :)

Ok, so far I've settled on wxPython, and what I'd like to do as a first
leap is *convert* a text program into a gui program. It would have a
few buttons as function controls and one main scrollable panel that
acts like a terminal window.

I want to make it so that clicking on a button that performs an
operation will output it to the scrollable wxpython terminal panel, and
(if possible) save that output as text (or maybe into a logfile).

Anyone know how to do this? Like a log window? I've seen something like
this in a program called 'nicotine' but have no idea how to implement
it myself.

-thanks