Wheel-reinvention with Python

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 31 04:08:03 EDT 2005

Cliff Wells <cliff at develix.com> writes:
> application.  End users shouldn't need to worry about installing third
> party packages (or even Python for that matter).  Tools such as py2exe
> and Inno installer make this pretty simple on Windows, and py2app on
> OS/X accomplishes the same.  It should be irrelevant to end users what
> libraries or tools you use to develop the app.

What if I want to be able to write multi-platform applications without
having to deal with OS-specific packaging schemes for every OS that I
want to run on?  Even if I only want to run on Linux, I don't see how
to package a wxPython application to minimize end user hassle.  The
only realistic GUI's to use are Tkinter or HTTP/HTML over a local
socket talking to a user-provided web browser.