Python Regular Expressions: re.sub(regex, replacement, subject)

Vibha Tripathi vibtrip at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 12:17:51 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I put a Regular Expression question on this list a
couple days ago. I would like to rephrase my question
as below:

In the Python re.sub(regex, replacement, subject)
method/function, I need the second argument
'replacement' to be another regular expression ( not a
string) . So when I find a 'certain kind of string' in
the subject, I can replace it with 'another kind of
string' ( not a predefined string ). Note that the
'replacement' may depend on what exact string is found
as a result of match with the first argument 'regex'.

Please let me know if the question is not clear.

Peace.
Vibha

=======
"Things are only impossible until they are not."