website catcher

jwaixs jwaixs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 04:52:20 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm busy to build some kind of webpage framework written in Python. But
there's a small problem in this framework. This framework should open a
page, parse it, take some other information out of it and should store
it in some kind of fast storage. This storage need to be very fast so
every one who will ask for this page will get a parsed page returned
from this storage (catcher?).

But how could I design a good webcatcher? Is this possible in python,
because it should always run. Which won't work with cgi-bin pages
because the quit after the execute something. Or should it be build in
c and imported as a module or something?

Thank you,

Noud Aldenhoven