PyGTK or wxPython (not a flame war) on Windows

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jul 24 23:17:48 EDT 2005

I've had miserable experiences trying to use WxPython or GTK under
both RH9 and Fedora Core 3.  There is some version skew between the
installed versions of GTK and the WxWidgets on the distro site.  I
made some progress by installing an old version of GTK but there was
still some problem.  I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Unless there's some serious importance to making your gui very slick,
I think the only Python gui toolkit worth considering is Tkinter.  It
has drawbacks but it's the one that seems to work the most
consistently with the least hassle.