EasyDialogs in MacOSX Tiger

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Jul 20 14:31:08 EDT 2005

When I use EasyDialogs.Message in OSX (10.4.2), I have to manually switch
to Python, the icon for which jumps in the dock until I click it.  This is
the case using pythonw with either 2.3 or 2.4.

This question has come up before ("EasyDialogs module problem with python
2.4.1", April 18/05), and the answer that was give then was

 One application is "active" at any point in time, and this application
 controls the menu, has its windows displayed, and so on. So when the
 Terminal.app is active, Python cannot be.

However, this is new behaviour.  Wen I used EasyDialogs in earlier
versions of OSX (10.3 and 10.2) this did not happen; the EasyDialogs
dialog box popped up at once with no further interaction required.  Unless
MacOSX has changed its use of "active" applications, then, I think this
explanation isn't correct.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make EasyDialogs work the way it
used to in OS 10.3?

Ian