need some info on MySQL module.

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 26 20:08:46 EDT 2005

nephish at xit.net wrote:
> Hey there, does anyone know where i can find some real documentation on
> the MySQLdb module? This thing is driving me nuts. all i can find on
> the internet is some brief tutorials.

Is the documentation that comes with MySQLdb not sufficient? It's
certainly more thorough than a tutorial:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mysql-python/MySQLdb/doc/MySQLdb.txt?rev=1.1&view=auto

Mostly, though, MySQLdb is conformant to the Python DB-API 2 specification:

   http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0249.html

> I need to know whats up with some
> of my stuff i even bought Programming Python by O'Reilly, out of over
> 1200 pages, and it only has a page or two dedicated to it.

Considering that MySQLdb is a third-party library, that's to be expected.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter