How to display Values of a file

Kakushi nospam at noorg.com
Tue Jul 5 17:46:12 EDT 2005

Hi my name is Andrew beginning/intermediate Python User. I am using a
win xp computer Python 2.4

I would like to write a python application that would allow me to view
paths of all installed files and registry values associated with that
file for example I enter the file C:\WINDOWS\iexplorer.exe and it gives
me reg value 1, reg value 2, folder 1, folder 2.

This will eventually lead into running an application installer, for
example C:\setup.exe and running through the processes of the install
displaying a listing of all associated files with that install through
my application

Is this something that is possible with Python if so what modules should
I look into If so has anyone done anything similiar

if not I guess I will have to look into different ideas