How can I import a py script by its absolute path name?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 10:43:02 EDT 2005

% python
Python 2.4.1 (#1, Apr  7 2005, 11:06:30) [C] on osf1V5
>>> execfile.__doc__
'execfile(filename[, globals[, locals]])\n\nRead and execute a Python script
from a file.\nThe globals and locals are dictionaries, defaulting to the
current\nglobals and locals.  If only globals is given, locals defaults to it.'