VC++ linking problem

J jstier at cs.uvic.ca
Thu Jul 7 07:52:11 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I started embedding python into a 3D graphics App and I came
across this linking problem.

SO.lib(ScnGlobal.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs
SO.lib(ScnNode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal
SO.lib(ScnLight.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___Py_RefTotal

I am linking against python24.lib using VC++ 6.0. Before I got to this
point it couldn't find python24_d.lib. After searching around
for a while I came across a solution that included changing
python24_d.lib to python24.lib in one of the header files. I hope that
didn't have a negative effect. I would really appreciate
some help....

Thanks
Jochen