Controlling WinAMP (WM_COPYDATA problem)

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Jul 1 16:21:11 EDT 2005

On 30 Jun 2005 11:48:31 -0700, rumours say that "The Collector"
<thecollector.2k at gmail.com> might have written:

>Hi,
>
>I've been looking for almost two full days now to get full control of
>WinAMP using python. Simple play/stop functions are no problem. It's
>the WM_COPYDATA that's used by IPC_PLAYFILE (=add a file to the
>playlist) that's giving me troubles big time!

An alternative that could be easier to use is WinAmpCOM (a plugin for
winamp that makes it a COM server, so using pywin32 or ctypes you can
control it with much ease.)

It's available in the www.winamp.com site. (Search for plugin
"winampcom")
--