email link and foreign accent

Vittorio renmybiru at libero.it
Sat Jul 2 13:30:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have one problem ( I am a python beginner) in a cgi:

print"""<a href="mailto:%s">""" %(campovalore.encode('iso-8859-1'))
print campovalore.encode('iso-8859-1')
print """</a>"""

campovalore is an email address  with special (italian) characters.

>From IE6 everything is fine and the link launches my predefined (in
Windows) email client with the correct string in the mailto field.

But from Firefox and the same email client I have an incorrect mailto field
every time there is a special character in the string.

Any suggestion is welcome,

vittorio