Wheel-reinvention with Python

phil hunt zen19725 at zen.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 01:02:38 EDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:51:13 +0200, Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>Hallöchen!
>
>zen19725 at zen.co.uk (phil hunt) writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> How about sometihing with the same API as Tkinter (so no need to
>> relearn), but which looks prettier? Would that fix your gripes?
>
>I haven't learned Tkinter.

You mightn't have, but I suspect more Python programers who've
written GUI apps have used Tkinter than any of the other APIs.

Not that I'm a particular fan of it, it's just I like
standardisation, because then you get network effects.

>So for me, it needn't be like Tkinter.  The three most important
>attributes for me are Pythonic, modern (both nice-looking and
>comprehensive), and non-niche.

What you say Pythonic, what do you mean? And how do you rate
Tkinter, PyGtk, PyQt/PyKDE, wxWindows for "Pythonicness"?

--
Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk